Monday, 7 August 2017

What I Hauled From Priceline's 40% Off Skincare Sale

Priceline, skincare, sales, hauls, Essano, Lanolips, The Ordinary, Carmex, Uriage

Hola mi amigas & happy Monday!

Last Wednesday I made my bi-annual pilgrimage to Priceline for their famous 40% off skincare sale (aka the only sale I live for) & lemme tell you, it was a little stressful & painful (only by the end of the day, when my right bicep was sore from carting my haul + other stuff home), but also fun. Thankfully for me, I got in early so there wasn't much of a crowd at all the stores I went to; but that said I still didn't get everything I wanted. *curses The Ordinary for being über-popular & selling out of the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% before I or anyone else could get their hands on it 😢*

So....betcha itching to know what I got right? Well mi amigas, here's everything I hauled:

Essano, skincare


A butt-load of Essano goodies - Gentle Facial Cleansing Micellar Water, Manuka Honey Sensitive Body Lotion + Body Wash, Macadamia Oil Restoring Hand Salve x2 & Micellar Soothing Sensitive Wipes
As you guys might recall from my wishlist, I was after a whole lot of stuff from NZ company Essano & I'm pleased to say I got it all. The micellar water is a firm favourite of mine (you guys will remember it from my biggest beauty discoveries of 2016 round-up) & I've been dead keen to try the body lotion, body wash & that particular hand cream since they were released onto the market about 3-4 months ago. The Micellar Soothing Sensitive Wipes were a cheeky not-on-the-list purchase that I picked up anyway. Expect to see a brand review on Essano in the weeks to come, once I've trialled all my new stuff.

skincare, The Ordinary, lip balm, Lanolips, Uriage

Uriage Thermal Water (50mL)
This wasn't the size I was going after, but I had trouble trying to find the larger size at all the stores I went to. It wasn't until the 4th or 5th store that I found it, but by then I'd bought this size & everything else. I don't think my shopping bags or my arms could've carried more un-necessary weight! My first impressions of this are that it feels like you're spraying sea water onto your face - this has a salty smell to it. Either way, this should hopefully help with the facial redness I get sometimes.

Trilogy Cream Cleanser
Ah, this old chestnut. You guys will have seen this pop up in previous Priceline skincare sale hauls or my empties, so I need not say anything else other than it's my cleanser of choice, aside from Pixi's Nourishing Cleansing Balm. I'm really bummed that I couldn't get the newer version of Trilogy's Very Gentle Moisturiser - no bricks & mortar retailers have it on their shelves yet.

Carmex lip balm x2
Ok, so this isn't cruelty-free, but it's the only lip balm I've found that's keeping my lips on an even keel....and it's for that reason that I've re-purchased it & will probably continue re-purchasing until I find an alternative that works with my fickle skin. 

Lanolips Rose Everyday Hand Cream x4
Whenever this particular sale comes around, I like to stock up on hand cream because I'm a hand cream obsessive & that's precisely what I've done yet again, what with the Essano hand cream mentioned above & what I think is my new HG hand cream here. I won't need hand cream again until the next sale.

The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
As I mentioned above, The Ordinary was that popular that there was limited stock on the shelves, or none at all. I consider myself very lucky to have snapped this up & I'm keen to see how I go with it, especially since my skin is prone to dehydration & hyaluronic acid is supposedly helpful for that. Provided I can get the other The Ordinary product I'm after, you might see a brand focus post on this too in the weeks & months to come.

Lanolips Tinted SPF30+ lip balm (Rhubarb)
As regulars will know, I've been having a hard time with Lanolips & their lip balms/ointments of late. This thankfully is the only one I haven't reacted to & thank Christ for that, otherwise my poor lips would remain un-protected! Rhubarb for me is my MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade - in actual fact, I think it matches my natural lip shade precisely.

Oh & before I finish this post, see that blue & white striped bag (from La Roche Posay, FYI) I used as a partial background for my haul photos? I got that for free, purely for spending so much. I received that + a couple of Avene samples (not pictured) which have gone into my giveaway box since I won't use them. Cheers Priceline!

It's Monday yet again & you know what time it is....time for me to add this post to the Monday Makeup Madness link-up over at Fabulous & Fun Life.

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!



Did you pick up anything from the recent Priceline skincare sale?


 


16 comments:

  1. Fantastic haul, I live for the 40% off Priceline sales. Unfortunately I was working on all these days so I wasn't able to get to the shops for it. Really want to try some products from The Ordinary, keep hearing great things about it that brand. :)
    Holly x | http://www.thechroniclesofholly.com/ | https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/chronicles-holly-13610625

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! That's a bummer that you weren't able to get to the shops for it. Did you try online? I've never done it - in this instance I like purchasing in person. RE: The Ordinary - I know, so many people rave about them. I'm enjoying the particular serum I got so far, but time will tell if it does anything for my skin's hydration levels.

      Delete
  2. Great haul, Shell! I was looking at the Essano products, but at that stage, I already had too much in my basket. Maybe next time! xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, my first basket was quite full with all the Essano stuff lol. There's always the next sale!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see your Essano feature! I would have been darting towards The Ordinary stand too, sucks you didn't get everything you wanted though. I still have yet to try this brand! I have recently rediscovered my Carmex lip balm and I don't know why I stopped using it, it's so good! Great haul! xx

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing it as we speak. :o) The Ordinary was so damn popular at this sale but Priceline don't stock their entire range, so I guess it stands to reason that they sold out so quickly. I'll wait until the next sale to get the Niacinamide...or wait until Myer re-stocks it as well.

      Delete
  4. I haven't actually used Carmex lip balm before, but I've heard so many good things about it, I need to give it a go! It's a shame it isn't cruelty free though!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good lip balm to fall back on I admit. Yeah, it is a shame it isn't cruelty-free - I think that may come down to them selling in China, who require animal testing by law. There's ways of getting around it (from what I've read), but it seems that companies are either un-aware or too lazy to do it, which sucks. :o(

      Delete
  5. Great haul!! I love essano, but haven't tried the micellar water - definitely on my list to try next.

    I got one Ordinary item too but I'm waiting for my poor skin to calm down before trying anything new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dara! The micellar water's pretty good for something so gentle. I think I know which Ordinary item that was & it was the other one I really wanted. ;o)

      Delete
  6. Nice haul! I hear so much about The Ordinary but yet to try anything from them. I got a tip from Dave Lackie today, he said the best thing he found for really dry lips is La Roche Posay Cicaplast Levres Barrier Repairing Balm.. I'm going to be picking this one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're one of those brands that's had SO MUCH HYPE that their products are flying off the shelves before most of us can get our hands on them. I think I've heard of that balm before but I've read that LRP aren't cruelty-free, hence why I haven't bought it.

      Delete
  7. Wow what a haul! I'm keen to try out The Ordinary products myself. I like Lanolips but the one I have at the moment is light pink and looks terrible. Perhaps I need to try this Rhubarb shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your haul, so exciting! Hope you enjoy all your goodies. Is that Lanolips shade Rose or Perfectly Nude? I've got the Perfectly Nude, but I look dead with it on tbh. From what I've heard, Rose is more on the ashy pink side, so maybe Rhubarb will work better. I think Rhubarb is perhaps the only shade from Lanolips' tinted lip balm range that will work for everyone, regardless of skin tone.

      Delete
  8. Well that should keep you going for a while Shell lol! I picked up some Antipodes goodies and a couple of items for one of my blog giveaways. It's just the BEST sale hey xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure will Kats! Hands down, it's the BEST sale. :o)

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)