Monday, 10 July 2017

The Lust List #4 (Winter 2017 Edition)

The Lust List

Hola mi amigas & welcome to another edition of The Lust List!

For those of you who aren't acquainted with these lists of mine, think of them as a sister to The Shopping Cart posts that I do every month or so. The gist of these posts is self-explanatory, so I don't think I need to tell you what they're all about. 😉


So without further ado, let's see what I'm lusting after atm:

via HealthPost
Essano Manuka Honey Sensitive Body Wash (pictured) + Body Lotion + Macadamia Oil Restoring Hand Salve
Ever since Essano released new body lotions & body washes onto the market around 3 months ago, I've been lusting after them, even though I never use body wash. Having had a sniff of all 3 scents (there's Jasmine & Fig + Frangipani & Paw Paw, the latter of which is sickly sweet), I've decided I'm more a fan of the Elderflower & Chamomile scented body lotion & wash, aka the Sensitive one. I've also had a sniff of their 2 new hand creams & the Macadamia Oil Hand Salve is right up my alley. (Because Cacao & Vanilla, hello?!) I'm dead keen to pick all of these up at the next Priceline skincare sale, which will hopefully be coming up at the end of the month.

Some Youngblood makeup (not pictured)
Youngblood is a cosmetics brand I've been keen to try, yet haven't read too many reviews of around the interwebs until Marisa recently featured them on her blog. In the past I've been reluctant to purchase makeup (especially foundation) online as we all know how pale I am & how difficult it can be to get a match; but seeing Marisa's post about this brand has made me a little more confident as maybe, just maybe, I might be able to get away with the same shade she wore in the post. The eyeshadow quad & highlighting palette featured in her post caught my eye as well, but since I rarely wear eyeshadow & have never worn highlighting products (despite being curious to try them), I think I'll give those a miss & try things that I know I'll use instead.

via Beautylish


The Ordinary skincare
I know that many eyebrows were raised recently over Estée Lauder buying into Deciem (the company which incorporates brands such as Hand Chemistry, NIOD & The Ordinary) & what this means for their cruelty-free status (because as we all know, EL is anything but), but for now I'm willing to sit on the sidelines, eat some popcorn & watch everyone else argue over it while I try out some products, namely The Ordinary's Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 & Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% (pictured right). I'm hoping to pick these up along with the Essano stuff at the aforementioned next Priceline skincare sale. If I can't, then hopefully I'll get in on the hype before Deciem "sell out"....

Portmans Raised Dot Knit in Racing Red (not pictured)
I've already got the grey one (see here), but since red is the colour of autumn/winter 2017 & one that I suit terribly well, naturally I want to snap this knit up in another colour. I do like that this knit has a point of difference with the raised dots, even though I think they kinda look like nipples lol. I'll either buy this knit or another Portmans knit I've seen in the same colour. Just bought this yesterday! You'll see it in the next instalment of The Shopping Cart.

A rose gold clutch bag (not pictured)
This is something that has been on my wishlist since forever. Why haven't I bought one yet? Well, you see, I'm holding out for a clutch in what I call "the perfect shade of rose gold" - neither too copper nor too rosy. Just right, as Goldilocks would say. I'm also holding out for one that has a proper open & close (none of this fold down shiz for me) + contains the right amount of space without being tiny or humongous. For some reason I've been wanting an Olga Berg clutch for a while, but the one I think I really wanted has since sold out. 😢 Guess I'll have to keep searching...

via The Good Guys
A new food processor
My previous food processor from Kambrook broke a month or so ago whilst I was trying to process cheese through it (it was inevitable though), so now I'm on the hunt for something with more grunt. Ha, I'm a poet & I didn't even know it....*cough*....anyhoo, I've got my eye on a Breville Kitchen Wizz Pro (pictured left in Cranberry) because (a) I already own a blender + a mixer from them in the same colour & both have been really good to me & (b) there's no way I'm paying several hundred dollars more just to get a Magimix. Not even the crappy Product Review reviews are putting me off wanting this item.

A cream blush (not pictured)
It's come to my attention recently that there's something missing from my makeup stash: a cream blush that I could use on days where I would prefer to wear my tinted moisturiser instead of foundation. Atm I'm going sans blush on those days (should I just ignore the whole "don't mix cream with powder" rule or not?), but I would like something so that I could have a hint of colour on my pale skin. I haven't really got a brand in mind; just something that doesn't contain shimmer nor a stack of nasties, is cruelty-free + will suit my skin, that's all. I've kinda been looking at Bite Beauty's Multisticks but tbh I'm not sold on them.

via China Glaze

Some China Glaze x My Little Pony polishes
Purely because I want a polish named Too Busy Being Awesome (pictured left), although the rest of the collection is fab too. Naturally, I do have my eye on other polishes - some predictable (like One Polished Pony), some perhaps a little less predictable (like Kill 'Em With Kindness).







This post has been added to the Monday Makeup Madness link partay over at Fabulous and Fun Life.

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

What are you lusting after atm?

12 comments:

  1. I'm hanging out for the Priceline skincare sale! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only does the polish Too Busy Being Awesome have a great name but it looks like a great shade too!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is a great shade Ingrid, judging from the swatches I've seen online. If only China Glaze were easier to find in Australia....

      Delete
  3. I've been using the Ordinary Niacinamide and Zinc for the last week and I've been loving it- however I had no idea EL bought into them. It makes me a bit uncomfortable but I'd still recommend their products as they're really good!

    Imogen // www.faux-silk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found out about it via a forum I belong to. I'll continue using/trying them until Deciem themselves announce a change in their cruelty-free status.

      Delete
  4. Oddly enough there's nothing I truly want at the moment, except maybe another couple of tubes of IT Cosmetics CC Cream - come on Sephora, take deliver of a shipment will ya? Mind you, I do love what you're lusting after Shell lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed recently when I've walked in store that the lightest shades are sold out atm - yeah COME ON SEPHORA, get another shipment in!

      Delete
  5. Check out Colette Hayman - my friend just got the cutest rose gold clutch from there and I believe it ticks your boxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been in there on & off over the last 6 months or so trying to find something that I like, but what I have in mind vs what they have....that said, I think I've found something from CH that COULD tick my boxes (the Jaimi clutch).

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)