Friday, 14 July 2017

My Intentions For 2017 Update

My Intentions For 2017 Update

Hola mi amigas & happy Friday!

Today's post is a little different, in that I'm going to sit down & share with you how I'm going with my intentions for 2017 so far, just to see how I'm tracking & also to hold myself accountable for either getting or not getting shit done. If you missed the original post, then you can have a read here. I've broken it down into sections like I did in the original post, but for the most part I'll just ramble on as usual. Oh & a heads-up: don't expect miracles. This is the Queen of Procrastination you're dealing with here. 😉


Let's see how I'm going so far in 2017:

beauty stock photo, flatlay


BEAUTY

*Take those damn makeup & hair courses I didn't take last year. Still hasn't happened.
*Pan at least 1 (if not 2) perfumes from my stash before buying more. I'm working on this & have been switching up my perfumes every month or 2, just so I don't get bored. I'm trying to focus on panning my rollerballs as it seems less daunting + it's easier to leave them in my handbag; however I'm also trying to pan bigger perfumes via my Travalos (perfume atomisers) as well. Right now I'm working on Calvin Klein's DownTown & will continue doing so right throughout winter.
*Commit to buying more cruelty-free products & educating myself on cruelty-free brands. I feel like this is working to a certain extent. Truth be told, most of my beauty stash is already cruelty-free; but with that said, its become apparent to me of late that the education side of things could do with a brush-up, having read some not-so-great news about a couple of brands I use (namely Burts Bees & Caudalie). Although I do look at new release Essie's & OPI's via blogs, I haven't feel any urges to add them to my wishlist. That said I have seen the shades in OPI's Icelandic A/W collection for 2017/18 recently & I won't lie, they are tempting. I'm hoping the formulas are shit or that I have dupes for them as I think I'm going to be tested. EDIT: Seen the swatches - all I'll say is the promo shots that I saw were an absolute lie. Potential temptation totally averted.
*Pan a couple of older lipsticks. I haven't made much progress on the old Bite Beauty lippies I have (Fig & Vidal from the Luminous Créme range), but I did pan one of their Tinted Lip Balms recently & I'm stoked about that.


fashion flatlay, stock photo, fashion


FASHION

*Try at least 1 new trend, provided it suits my body shape/colouring etc. I've yet to do this, but I'm keen on getting into the pleat skirt trend that's gone bonkers this year, as well as bomber jackets & those Victorian-style high-necked dresses that seem to be around right now.
*Inject more colours into my wardrobe other than navy & blues. I've managed to avoid buying a lot of blue stuff this year, so this is kinda working; although instead of injecting colour, I seem to be moving firmly towards a monochromatic palette!
*Finally buy a pair of ankle boots & a winter dress or 2. You'll see me model the boots in the next Shopping Cart post, although *MAJOR HINT* you can see them in the photo above. 😉 I'm still working on the winter dress part.

PERSONAL

*Try something new. I tried kale for the first time earlier this year, albeit in a juice. Does that count? I reckon it does.
*Become fitter & more active. I was all set to do this & had been taking a long walk most mornings during summer until I injured one of my toes badly back at the end of February & found it difficult to walk any distance without being in pain. Although it wasn't broken, I think I may have damaged a ligament or something in it (I never had that officially confirmed though). Whilst it has healed for the most part, it still blows up & becomes a little painful on occasion & I have to continue strapping it unfortunately. Anyone who has ever damaged a ligament will know that they take forever to heal & this has been no different. That said, I do have a 1-month gym membership offer that I'm keen to take up come spring, so hopefully by then the toe will have healed to a satisfactory point.

blogging stock


BLOGGING

*New template, por favor! Already complete! I'm happy with the one I have so far (partially self-designed in terms of favicon + header), but I would like to tweak the accent colours slightly.
*Move from Blogger to self-hosted Wordpress. Hasn't happened, probably won't happen this year.
*Start writing & scheduling more in advance, instead of at the last minute. Also hasn't happened, but I do work on adding ideas + bits & pieces to other drafts when I'm not active. I seem to get writer's block/a lack of motivation a lot & I've had one of those periods recently, despite coming up with new ideas. I know that I dig myself out of those moments eventually & I'm glad I have a whole stack of drafts to call on for these moments.
*Start going to blogging events. Hasn't happened....
*Get this blog a Facebook page at least! Also hasn't happened....yet. *sigh*
*Look at participating in blogging groups. See the last 2 points.
*Score myself a ticket to Sydney's Beauty Expo in August. Probably won't happen this year. I'm now aiming for 2018.
*Keep blogging for myself. Has happened, always will happen. 

So all up, my intentions for 2017 so far have been quite the epic fail. I can't say I'm surprised by this at all!

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

Did you make any intentions/goals/resolutions for 2017? How are you going with them? Are you killing it or floundering like me?

2 comments:

  1. What are the benefits of using wordpress instead of blogger?
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I'm aware (just from reading other blogs who have spoken about this subject), you have more tech freedom with self-hosted Wordpress, in terms of being able to do coding, include more plug-ins etc. I'm not feeling as cheesed off with Blogger now as I was at the beginning of the year, but moving over is still a step I'd like to take at some stage.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others or follow-for-follow. Let's play nicely. :o)