Friday, 9 June 2017

NOTD: Neve

Hola mi amigas!

I initially wasn't going to publish a post today. I've been sick again this week with the 'lurgy (a cold) & between a runny, stuffy nose & my physical energy levels taking another nose-dive, I just didn't feel up to the task of posting until sometime earlier today. Thankfully my nose has stopped running now & my energy levels are close to normal again; so *touch wood* I'm starting to feel better. I'll also mention quickly that as Monday is a public holiday in Sydney, there won't be a post as usual, so you'll have to stay tuned later next week for anything new. *fingers crossed*

Anyway, the reason why I decided to a post after all is I've got another lil' NOTD for you & I'm itching to show it off.

Zoya, nail polish swatch, Neve
Outdoors, direct sunlight


Firstly, I used 1 coat of Zoya's Anchor base coat, before applying 3 coats of Zoya's Neve (I could've got away with 2 coats, but I could still see a bit of nail underneath), topping it all off with 1 coat of Poshe's fast-drying top coat.

Zoya describe Neve as "a sapphire blue with a smooth metallic finish" & I definitely think that's correct, however in different lighting conditions she switches things up. Sitting here now as I type this post, I keep moving my digits both towards & away from the light, watching as she shifts from deep blue to an indigo-tinged purple. I can't quite discern which colour family Neve really belongs to....and I đź’™ her for it.

So the question is: is this blue? Is this purple? Is it both? I'll let you decide with the photos below.

Zoya, nail polish swatch, Neve
Indoors, facing a window, natural light

Zoya, nail polish swatch, Neve
Indoors, in shade

Zoya, nail polish swatch, Neve
Indoors, direct sunlight

Zoya, nail polish swatch, Neve
Outdoors, direct sunlight

You guys all know how much I love blue anything, but what you might not know is that purple is also one of my favourite colours (along with red). Given that Neve is a combination of 2 of my favourite colours in the world, it should come as no surprise that I absolutely adore this cool-toned blurple metallic. Although she's dark & somewhat vampy, I think Neve will have me smiling all throughout this shitty long weekend weather Sydney is supposedly expecting.

P.S. Have added this to the Monday Makeup Madness link-up - why not head on over & check out the other fabulous bloggers involved!

Follow The Novice Life on Bloglovin!

Have you ever fallen in love with a polish at first wear?

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I love the look of this nail polish! It is so beautiful in sunlight! xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shell, hope you're feeling heaps better by now ♥ It's most definitely blurple - a foot (or is it a finger?) on both sides of the fence. I love it too ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kats! Yes, I am feeling better now, but still got the sniffles on occasion. Thankfully I'm not feeling rundown anymore, yay! Yep, I too think she's a blurple. Either way, she's gorgeous & I'm kinda reluctant to remove her from my digits!

      Delete
  3. I am glad to hear you are feeling better. The weather has been rotten lately for coughs and colds going around. Hard to avoid the sniffs you poor thing! At least your nails are on point! This is the perfect winter hue, the finish looks absolutely beautiful on you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candice - yep, winter sucks when everyone's germs are flying around! I think we'd all get through the season much better if everyone looked after themselves properly, but we all know that's not going to happen. ;o) Yay for having nails on point though!

      Delete
  4. This shade is so beautiful! I love the shine in the sunlight :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa! She sure is gorgeous in the sunlight...and just about everywhere else.

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous shade! It looks like an amazing blue to me, even more so in the sunlight!

    I'm glad you're starting to feel better now!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's definitely gorgeous & definitely an amazing blue, but I could see a tiny hint of purple in there when I looked at her closely. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to translate in photos.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, but all I ask is that you don't spam, troll, abuse others, ask for a follow-for-follow or post nonsense. Let's play nicely. :o)